Your message is too short
Your message is spammy
» »

Dasuki to Presidency: I am ready for trial








Col. Dasuki

The former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo
Dasuki (rtd), on Wednesday said he is ready for
trial over the N644billion fictitious arms deal
uncovered by a probe panel.

Dasuki said he acted in the interest of the country
and with the fear of God in office.

He also said that contrary to the claim of the
Presidency, he submitted a comprehensive list of
arms procured to President Muhammadu Buhari
before leaving office.

He said all contracts and payments were approved
by ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Dasuki, who opened up in a statement he
personally signed on Wednesday, declared that he
was prepared to meet the Federal Government in
court.

The ex-NSA said he had a lot to tell Nigerians
except for the security of the country which was
guiding him.

He said: “In a theatrical manner, the Presidency fed
the public with many allegations against my person
and yet to be named former public officers.

“To draw sympathy, the Presidency quoted some
absurd findings including extra-budgetary
interventions, award of fictitious contracts, 53
failed contracts, payment for jobs without
contractual agreements and non-execution of
contracts for the purchase of four Alpha jets,
bombs and ammunition.

“For undiscerning Nigerians, they may tend to
assume that the allegations were true and
pronounce the former National Security Adviser
guilty as charged.

“The statement issued by the Special Adviser on
Media and Publicity to the President, Mr. Femi
Adesina, who should know better as a former
President of the Nigerian Guild of Editors and a
witness to history, was nothing sort of propaganda
to cast aspersions on Dasuki.

“To set the records straight, Nigerians should
appreciate that the AVM Jon Ode-led panel did not
invite the ex-NSA under any guise before arriving
at its ambiguous findings.

“At least, fairness demands that the panel ought to
hear from Dasuki instead of its recourse to hasty
conclusions.

“If the panel had been more patient and
painstaking, it would have been availed of all
relevant documents on some of the jaundiced
findings.

“As if acting a script, the Presidency alleged that
the panel accused Dasuki of awarding fictitious
contracts between March 2012 and March 2015.

“Contrary to this claim, Dasuki was not the NSA in
March 2012 and he could not have awarded any
contract in whatever name. The ex-NSA was
appointed by ex-President Goodluck Jonathan on
June 22, 2012.”

The ex-NSA also explained that all arms contracts
and payments were approved by Jonathan.
He said all the services acknowledged the delivery
of military equipment supplied to them.










Related Article


Posted By Bobricky On 10:51 Wed, 18 Nov 2015

Comments:0 || Views:

Comment
Name







.....................

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article