3.00PM-4.40PM
=====================================

LITERATURE ANSWER

NO(1)
In the play,the society ridiculously imitate
and copy the european ways of life to the
detriment of cherished african cultures.The
playwright want to expose the hypocrisy of
the early fanti-educated elite through the character of Mr Tsiba that want to be like
the european people,he made some
grammatical errors when he wants to
construct some sentences in english,he
abandoned the African culture and
sheepishly followed the european ways of life to the core,to the extent that he sent her
daughter to Mrs Borofusem for european
training,but his daughter's life,miss Tsiba
life was ruined. Those that imbibe with the european
culture refuse to greet people in an African
way,they prefer european ways of
greetings,especially Mrs Borofusem insist
that her husband should call her ''Duckie''
as one of european called his wife.Mr Borofusem desist from eating african foods
and dress in native way.Mr Tsiba,Mr Okadu
and some people accepted the european
ways of life which they later regrets to the
extent that Mrs Borofusem mind if her
husband does not call her ''Duckie'' again.

Although Mr Okadu was claiming dat he engaged to Miss Tsiba in English style,Lawyer proved him wrong in d court dat there was no engagement btwn d couple hence Okadu lost d case gallantly.Another criticism of d social & cultural consequences of colonialism in d play is in area addressing Mr Brofusem ''The wearing of European clothes makes one too comfortable..shoes hav twisted my toes out of shape..it had neva struck me dat sandals can b so graceful. In the end,Mrs Brofusem embraces African culture wen she declares dat ''i don't mind if my husband does not call me duckie now

(11)
The speaker escapes from battle and proceeds down a long tunnel through ancient granite formations. Along his way he hears the groan of sleepers, either dead or too full of thoughts to get up. As he looks at them one leaps up; the soldier has recognized him and moves his hands as if to bless him. Because of the soldier's "dead smile" the speaker knows that he is in Hell.

On the face of the "vision" the speaker sees a thousand fears, but the blood, guns, or moans of above did not reach into their subterranean retreat. The speaker tells the soldier that there is no reason to mourn, and he replies that there is – it is the "undone years" and "hopelessness". The soldier says his hope is the same as the speaker's; he also tells him he once went hunting for beauty in the world, but that beauty made a mockery of time. He knows the truth of what he did, which is "the pity of war, the pity war distilled", but now he can never share it.

The soldier's vision continues, saying men will go on with what is left to them, or they will die as well. They will not break their ranks even though "nations trek from progress". He used to have courage and wisdom. He would wash the blood from the wheels of chariots. He wanted to pour his spirit out, but not in war.

Finally, he says to the speaker that "I am the enemy you killed, my friend," and that he knew him in the dark. It was yesterday that the speaker "jabbed and killed" him, and now it is time to sleep.

(5)
Irony:
It is ironical that the situation which Catherine views to be terrific turns comical. The marriage she tends to perverse breaks up and Major Sergious whom she claims to be her son-in-law turns out to be husband of her maid, while captain Bluntschilki she desires to send out of the country ironically stays longer to become her real son-in-law as the events in the play unfold.

STAY ONLINE AND KEEP REFRESHING THIS PAGE TO SEE THE ANSWERS

MAKE SURE YOU SHARE THIS POST TO FACEBOOK AND TWITTER ELSE YOU MIGHT NOT SEE IT.

Related Article

Posted By KellyChi On 01:27 Fri, 27 Nov 2015

Comments:1 || Views:

[1]
Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article